Today’s menu of choice was cloud eggs. I’m pleased for a first attempt but I appreciate there is room for improvement! They were a hit and gone almost as soon as I’d made them unlike the clouds that lingered over Staffordshire this afternoon. The instructions for making them are below – show me your cloud eggs!
- Separate the yolk from the white.
- Whisk the white as if you were making meringues and fold in any optional extras you may like, such as cheese, ham or little cubes of bacon. We added a little black pepper today.
- Place the whipped white in a cloud shape on a baking tray, leaving dips in the middle where the yolks will go later.
- Bake in an oven preheated at 230°C oven for five to eight minutes.
- Put the egg yolk in the middle of the cloud and return to the oven for three minutes before serving.
Happy cooking 🙂
More recipes you may like: